A Vegan Life is devoted to promoting the benefits of a vegan lifestyle for three reasons: health, planet, and animals. A panel of experts with the United Nations ranked products, resources, economic activities and transport according to their environmental impacts. Agriculture was on a par with fossil fuel consumption because both rise rapidly with increased economic growth. In the US alone 8 billion (mostly chickens) are killed for food and 100 billion marine animals (fish and shellfish) are killed for food.
What We've Achieved
- Pay-per-view shows people a glimpse into the factory farming industry.
- Food tasting allows others to try vegan products that help others make a transition to vegan eating.
- Films such as Speciesism highlight the moral and ethical issues surrounding eating animals.
- Seminars provide a forum for speakers to share their expertise on plant-based nutrition.
- Leafleting provides information to the public on the importance of going vegan.
- Fundraising supports other nonprofits and farm sanctuaries do their valuable work.
- Organized food demonstrations gives people an opportunity to taste vegan cuisine and take home recipes.
- Hikes and 5k races help get the word out on special projects such as the fact elephants are in dramatic decline.